Delfina Foundation (DELFINA) Fellowships // Deadline: 5th May 2011
Delfina Foundation (DELFINA) is pleased to invite applicants from the Middle East & North Africa region for the DELFINA-FICA Research Fellowship 2011, a collaboration between the Goldsmith's Department of Visual Cultures and the PhD. Program in Curatorial/Knowledge and Iniva (Institute of International Visual Arts).
The Research Fellowship 2011 aims to provide an opportunity for intensive research in the field of visual arts by curators and researchers who have an innovative Visual Culture project in progress, and who might benefit from the research and curatorial work that is being done by the fellowship's partner institutions in London. Priority will be given to projects that are further along in their development and engage with specific cultural and curatorial issues. Artists are welcome to apply; however this residency is largely focused on the development of critical-curatorial discourse, not singularly on artistic practice.
The partnership with the Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) enables a research fellow from India to work alongside a participant from the Middle East & North Africa region supported by DELFINA. The initiative will provide opportunities for both fellows to undergo the programme t ogether, which may result in opportunities for knowledge exchange and critical discourse across the MENASA (Middle East, North Africa, South Asia) region. Please note that Indian participants should apply directly to FICA.
Conditions for applicants :
* Currently living and working in the Middle East & North Africa region
* Strongly preferred: a relevant post graduate degree
* Preferred: Proven commitment/experience of curatorial work
* Practical experience will also be considered, although not mandatory
* Available during the autumn 2011 term and able to be released from employment or other academic involvement
* Proficient in English
The 2011 recipient will receive :
* A 12-week residency (September to December) in London, including one return flight to London, a bursary for per diems and basic living costs, and accommodation at DELFINA. Please note that any request for change in dates will not be accommodated.
* Access to attend Goldsmith's post-graduate courses and the Curatorial/Knowledge seminars
* Personal tutoring from faculty members of Goldsmiths and Iniva
* An opportunity to be involved in developing research and discussion with the Iniva Curatorial team
* Access to the Iniva's Stuart Hall Library and Archive
* An opportunity to assist with Iniva and DELFINA's programming
* Goldsmiths, Iniva and DELFINA will provide an important platform to the recipient scholar to meet fellow research scholars, artists and a network of professionals in the field of contemporary art in London
Applicants are expected to submit :
* The completed application form
* A 2500 word (maximum) research proposal. The title of your research paper should be included.
* A statement of purpose
* Recent CV/resume
* Examples of relevant work (preferably two samples of published works)
* Two references
The recipient will be expected to present his/her final research paper at Goldsmiths at the end of the residency and at a discussion event hosted by one of the partners in London. A copy of the final research, along with all documentation, will be submitted to DELFINA, Iniva's Stuart Hall Library and FICA.
Closing date for applications :
May 5, 2011, 17:00 GMT.
All applicants will be notified of the panel's decision by May 31, 2011.